2 cups butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
About 80 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until pale, soft and fluffy.
- Add all of the powdered sugar, half of the flour, half of the milk, and all of the vanilla to the butter.
- Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk and beat thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Drop rounded teaspoonsful of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press a pecan half in center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 - 11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden.