These cornflake cookies are chewy and tasty, and use flax meal plus chia seeds as the egg replacer.
- 2 and 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Mama Flour (or a fine grind almond meal like Honeyville's)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flax meal plus 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 and 1/2 cup Enjoy chocolate chips
- 6 cups gluten free cornflakes (I used Nature's Path Vanilla Sunrise)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use parchment paper to line cookie sheets
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla (2 minutes, medium speed)
- Heat the 6 tablespoons of water till boiling, remove from heat and stir in flax meal and chia seeds. You'll get a thick slurry, which will be your egg replacer - it's a great binder. Add this mixture to the creamed butter and whip till fluffy (2 minutes, high speed)
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture and mix till it forms a dough, then add chocolate chips, stir briefly.
- Add cornflakes and mix till combined.
- Scoop spoonfuls (i use a cookie scoop) and drop onto cookie sheet, leaving an inch between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake 8-10 minutes till golden brown.
- Stand for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely before storing.